Major US law firm are looking for legal biller to look after the billing functions for their London office on a 9 month contract. The billing specialist is a key and high profile role to ensure all billing for London is performed accurately and on time, working with Partners and other fee earners. You will be expected to:
- Produce pre-bills for the London office at the beginning of each month and upon request, and review and edit pre-bills in response to partner requests.
- Ensure execution of complex and accurate billing in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to all billing related queries, and when required, meet with partners to discuss billing.
- Prepare back-up documentation on several matters for one client.
- Scanning of billing related documents and filing of bills on a monthly basis.
- Assist with reconciliation reports.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Firm procedures.
- Assist the accounts team, on an ad-hoc basis, in other areas within the accounting and finance function, including accounts payable and cashiering support. Ensuring bills are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant SAR’s and HMRC legislation
- Follow up with Partners/Associates/Secretaries as to whether invoices have been sent to the client
- Ensure relevant approval has been obtained for any special rates/agreed discounts
- Production and accurate submission of invoices that are e-Billed
In addition to a minimum of two years’ billing experience from another top law firm, you must have a working knowledge of Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and VAT compliance. You must be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to work on your own initiative. Strong IT skills and good organisational skills are also crucial.