Highly regarded London law firm are looking for an accounts administrator / billings administrator to assist their accounts team. It is essential that you have experience dealing with Legal Aid billing. The main responsibilities are listed below:
· To assist the Practice Manager in all administration and legal aid billing duties.
· To undertake entries on the Practice Management System in the following areas:
- Produce Public Funding Certificate Cost Limitation Reports
- Process APP8 Cost Limitation increases
- Input POA1’s into the LSC ONLINE SYSTEM
- Process Legal Help billing claims on CMRF
- Input CMRF’s into the LSC online system
- Process incoming Civil SMP payments & bills in PMS system
- Time recording as and when required
- Preparation of CIV CLAIM1 below £2.5k
- Serving interparties bills of costs. Dealing with points of dispute and replies.
- Submission of Bill of Costs to SCCO for assessment & sealing
- Submit CLS CLAIM1/a’s to LSC for payment
- Criminal time recording in the Blaid system
- CDS7 production and processing
- LF1 production and processing
- Processing CDS6 claims and inputting in PMS system
- Preparation of costs schedules
- Liaising with Costs Draftsman re collection and return of bills in conjunction with the accounts department
- Expert directory updating
You must have strong IT skills and excellent numerical skills as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines. It is also essential that you have experience at dealing with Legal Aid billing. The firm prides itself in providing a very supportive and friendly working environment with excellent training.