Chelmsford based law firm are looking for a conveyancing legal cashier to promote an effective, efficient and accurate legal cashiering service as part of an expanding finance department. This will be a busy role but the key responsibilities include:
- Processing transfers of funds from client to office in settlement of outstanding bills and disbursements incurred by the firm on behalf of the client.
- Ensuring at all times that procedures are conducted and transactions are carried out in strict compliance with the CLC Rules.
- Checking and reconciling completion statements to client matter ledges and notifying legal conveyancing teams of any errors and/or omissions.
- Maintaining a daily and weekly control schedule of forthcoming client property completions by reference to completion statements and notifications submitted by the legal conveyancing teams.
- Advising legal conveyancing teams of arrival of funds on their client matters on a daily basis and informing them of cleared payments.
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations to ensure that all client transactions have been accounted for on the finance system.
It is essential that you have at least two years’ experience in a similar role and a solid understanding of the legal conveyancing process and its various stages and how conveyancing legal executives work, extensive and up-to-date knowledge of the CLC Rules or Solicitors Accounts Rules and a high level of numeracy and ability to spot reconciliation differences with relative ease. You must also be a team player, highly organised and have good client skills. Ideal opportunity for a legal cashier to work in a friendly, local firm.