International trust and financial services firm are looking for an experienced paralegal to join their small legal team in London who mainly deal with offshore investment funds. The role will initially be to provide support for the London office and then eventually to take responsibility for your own portfolio of clients in the off shore fund sector. Duties will include:
- Drafting and proof-readingof investment fund documentation, including private placement memoranda, counterparty agreements, communications with regulatory authorities in offshore jurisdictions and communications with investors
- Negotiating and communicatingwith promoters and service-providers on behalf of the directors of investment funds
- Drafting and review ofconstitutional documents, legal letters, legal agreements, notices and other documentation
- Company secretarial mattersincluding drafting of minutes and resolutions of the board of directors and maintaining corporate records of client companies
- Legal research
- Preparation of client proposalsin respect of the establishment of investment funds and provision of administrative services
They have an international portfolio dealing with an interesting array of corporate clients in the UK and Worldwide.
It is essential that you have a minimum of a 2:1, completed the LPC and have quality funds/banking/finance experience in a US or international law firm or in-house team. You must also have experience of drafting counter party agreements and ideally experience of financial services. You should be comfortable handling complex matters efficiently and have an excellent eye for detail. Exceptional communication and IT skills and the ability to keep up with a very fast-paced level of work and in line with deadlines is also necessary.