Location: Central London
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £negotiable depending on experience
Leading London law firm, who specialise in media and entertainment law, are looking for someone who has had some legal accounts / finance experience dealing with invoices and recording payments, who is looking to train further. A selection of duties are included below:
- Assisting in providing client monies ledger reports for fee earners.
- Co-coordinating the firm’s cheque register, ensuring all cheques received by the firm are paid in on the day of receipt or the day after.
- Assisting in the preparation and posting of personal account bills and reconciliation of same.
- Daily checking of online banking to ensure all receipts are dealt allocated and posted in a timely manner.
- Assisting with client requests for copy bills, bank details or requests for breakdowns as well as resolving queries directly with clients where necessary.
- Ensuring any Not Yet Paid Disbursements included in invoices being paid are paid out on day of receipt or day after.
- Assisting in the reviewing client balances on a monthly basis and liaising with partners and clients to return or dispense funds.
- Reconciliation of travel accounts including processing and posting of expenses and gain/loss.
- Production of monthly personal account statements for electronic dispatch to employees.
It is essential that you already have some experience within a law firm in an accounts / finance team. Excellent training and mentoring on offer and good long term prospects. Good basic IT skills are essential as well as excellent numeracy skills.