Prestigious London law firm are looking for a Marketing and BD Manager who will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business development function and will be the primary contact for partners and other fee earners on marketing and BD matters.
There will be four main parts to the job: new business development; external publications; marketing, communications and events; and reporting. A selection of duties are listed below (this list is not exhaustive, please apply for a full job spec):
- Communications – manage the communications mix including PR, event management, direct marketing and directory submissions. You will be expected to advise on the most effective activities and explore new initiatives to drive the marketing agenda.
- Tenders/Pitches – the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the tendering/pitch process from assessing the pitch opportunities and making recommendations to producing the documentation, debriefing post-pitch and identifying trends in order to recommend alternative approaches on future pitches.
- Preparing practice awards, legal directory submissions and evaluating other sponsorship and profile raising opportunities
- Working with the research team to produce analysis on clients, prospects, sectors and competitors for specific BD initiatives and projects
- Analyse emerging business issues and developments identified by the various internal business development groups and work with fee earners to translate these into business opportunities for the firm
- Edit the firm’s internal (intranet based) newsletter and other internal communications as required
- Oversee the firm’s social media activity
- Provide marketing support to other support departments of the firm including in particular for graduate recruitment, careers fairs and presentations, ensuring that the firm’s brand is used appropriately and that appropriate collateral material is distributed
- Organise and attend the firm’s weekly Marketing Committee meetings. Provide reports to the Marketing Committee as required e.g. on the success of marketing campaigns and external communications
Exciting opportunity in a respected firm for a graduate with experience of working as a BD and marketing executive / manager from either another law firm or fast-paced professional services environment. It is essential that you have excellent communication and inter-personal skills in both one-to-one meetings and broader interactions; and excellent analytical abilities coupled with strong influencing and project management and organisational skills. Management experience would be an advantage but they are happy to look at BD Coordinators and Executives who want to move into their first management role. Exceptional environment and excellent long term prospects.