Leading commercial London law firm are looking for an experienced Practice Director for a hands on role supporting the firm’s partners with all issues related to the overall management and strategy of the practice. The firm is growing and the new Practice Director will be a key part of this growth strategy as well as having day to day responsibilities and oversight of key operational issues such as HR, BD and finance as well as fee earner performance.
A selection of the key responsibilities will be:
- Running all elements of the busy practice, working closely with Partners and other Managers
- HR responsibility for all fee earners including recruitment, dismissal, holiday authorisation and benefits administration
- Creating and supervising Trainee Vacation Schemes, trainee selection and inductions
- Ensuring compliance with Companies House and SRA regulations
- Promoting staff development and training
- Financial role in monitoring fee earner performance and reduction of WIP and Aged Debts and increased billable time
It is essential that you have the ability to communicate with fee earners and employees at all levels with excellent written and verbal communication skills; a minimum of 4 years recent experience in a law firm as a Practice Manager / Practice Director and exceptional organisational skills. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to play an integral part in the development and growth of the firm.