We have been retained by a high profile boutique central London law firm who are seeking a practice manager to take over all aspects of the firm’s management. The firm are looking for someone with strong leadership skills and a proactive hands on approach. The primary function will be to manage all areas of the firm’s finance and compliance issues including liaising with the SRA, Law Society, insurers, auditors and HMRC. In addition you will be the primary contact for all premises issues and human resources including day to day support to all support and professional staff. The role is crucial for communication across all groups and is critical in supporting the partners.
A selection of responsibilities are listed below:
- Monthly payroll
- Compliance monitoring Solicitors Accounts Rules
- PAYE settlements with HMRC
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Debt management reports and analysis
- Monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Month end processing including all management reports
- Tax – liaison with auditors and processing/posting of twice yearly payments
- Preparation of profitability reports/fee earner analyses
- Annual time/billing targets
- Responsible for the operating budget
- Annual preparation of the Partnership Draft Accounts including bad debt provision, WIP calculation etc.
- Main contact with accountants and auditors – including annual SRA review, audit, review of final accounts and annual tax return
- Primary contact for all premises’ contacts including landlord, estate agent security etc.
- Primary contact for all contractors and suppliers
- Support staff recruitment
- Support staff annual appraisals
- Attendance at Partner’s meetings – preparing agendas and minutes
- Implementation of Partnership decisions relating to staff/premises etc.
- Annual expense equalisations/discretionary fund allocations/profit sharing
- General IT support including responsibility for phone and fax issues, printers, copiers etc.
It is essential that you have solid experience in law firm financial management and strong influencing skills. Salary entirely negotiable to £90k.