Leading US law firm are looking for an experienced Legal Biller / Revenue Controller to look after the billing functions for their London office. The Revenue Controller is a key and high profile role to ensure all billing for London is performed accurately and on time, working with Partners and other fee earners.
- Work in progress (WIP) management with Partners and the Billing & Collections Manager in the US.
- Timely distribution of pre bills to the London Partners each month.
- Liaison with Partners to ensure individual Partner needs are met for the production of their client invoices.
- Liaison with Billing for any write-off.
- Editing of pre bills once returned from the billing attorney.
- Ensure correct billing rates are used with liaison with the rates specialist in the US.
- Preparation of client invoices from pre bills.
- Liaison with billing Partners and their secretaries for the quick turn around and approval of invoices.
- Posting of invoices on accounting system.
- Ensuring compliance with UK VAT regulations, and the firm’s internal policies and procedures at all times.
- Production of the London office ebills.
- Submission of London ebills on various client ebilling websites, databases and tools.
- Set up and management of ebilling suppliers.
- Submission of timekeepers rate and rate sets for client approval.
- Checking for approval/posting dates on ebilling websites and posting of bills in Aderant.
In addition to a minimum of two years’ billing experience from another top law firm, you must have a working knowledge of Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and VAT compliance. You must be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to work on your own initiative. Strong IT skills and good organisational skills are also crucial.