The London office of an international law firm are looking for an experienced IT trainer to to work as part of a four strong IT team supporting 130 users. Exceptional communication skills and a solid track record in either a law firm or similar corporate environment is essential.
To manage and deliver training requirements for all staff on applications supported by the firm, and to take responsibility for resolution of application support issues. To assist the IT Manager with any key project deliverables as directed. Detailed Description of Duties:
- Deliver high quality end-user training, both classroom and 1-to-1 sessions, for all applications supported by the firm.
- Take responsibility for resolution of application support calls as escalated by IT support, and respond to end users in a timely manner
- Maintain technical competence in all software applications supported by the firm; currently Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Thomson Elite and Hummingbird Document Management.
- Maintain and deliver new starter induction programme for training new employees.
- Conduct regular training needs analysis, develop and maintain training needs matrix.
- Develop training plans for fee earners and secretaries in response to appraisal feedback, departmental meetings and training needs analysis.
- Prepare and deliver training for the demands of specific projects as directed.
- Assist the IT Manager with any required key project deliverables as directed, namely testing of any application changes / releases.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
- Minimum of four years experience in an IT trainer position, preferably within the legal profession.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in design and delivery of end-user training programmes.
- Strong service orientation, with an understanding of the importance of developing positive working relationships with end users.
- Working knowledge of the following applications;
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thomson Elite Accounting and Time-entry systems.
- Hummingbird Document Management.
- LexisNexis Interaction.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with good organisational and planning skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented, with proved analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to facilitate solutions.